Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Weekend Training

4/1/10 - 4/4/10 - Our training weekend was a little different from the past weekends. We worked a lot on compulsories, horse and barrel, and a lot on stretching and strengthening. On Thursday, our team was moved from the gym that we were in, to a different room with a much lower ceiling, which made us hate the rain even more. Lot's of rain this weekend....

Thursday brought most of us sore arms. I wasn't sore, but I could tell that I used my arms a lot the next day! Compulsory drills on the ground, torcher stretching, workout, coping with low ceiling day. Friday, the sun came out and let us vault on the horse and outside in the sun for most of our practice. That was nice!

On Saturday, we drove out to Half Moon Bay and used the Palmer's wonderful gym (with a high ceiling) to vault on the barrel and work out. Thank you to the Palmer family for opening up their place for our team's use! When we went back to Woodside, the sun had stayed out since Friday, the arena had drained, and we got to work on Palatine. We worked on compulsories, followed by my flying parts at the canter, and some other freestyle work. I stayed at practice for about an hour longer so that Devon and I could work on our second flying part. Now, I'm not going to tell you anymore about my flying parts, they are surprises and you'll have to come to the competitions and watch our team to see them! I will tell you one more thing though, they are pretty cool!

For me, Easter Sunday meant church and Easter stuff with my family in the morning, so I was a little late to practice. The day was short, and packed with lots of compulsory drills, and jumping drills, and handstand/ scissor exercises. O yea, and we had a major meeting about the uniforms, which I think people will really get excited about this year! Devon and I carried on the smoothing process of my flying parts, and although we didn't get to go on the horse, we watched it rain and made the best of what we had. Simple weekend. Not everyone was there and the sky was against us, so please, come back and read more within the next couple weeks, for an exciting dose of our team's training! We have a 10 day training period starting Thursday, April 15, and I might even get my dad to take some pictures!

See ya!

P.S. Please visit this website - www.facevaulting.com and if you can, please make a donation! Anything is extremely helpful, even $5. Our team is in the hopes of going to Aachen, Germany, in June to compete in the Aachen CHIO*,**, The World Equestrian Festival. Please help us get to Aachen, and Kentucky, we need YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment