Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sun and Vaulting

O my gosh, thank you God for a beautiful, warm, sunny week! I'm able to go outside without a snow or rain suit on (we don't get snow, but it does get cold and icy...) and do something rather than slosh around in puddles and watch all of the sand in the arena flow as a river into the road. Yay! This time, I'm going to tell you a little more about my individual vaulting -

I'm training a new horse, my mom's horse, Bosco Allegro, for vaulting. He is learning very fast. So far, I can do anything I want at the walk, a bunch of moves and all of the compulsories at the trot, along with mount, and a few moves at the canter. I love his canter, it has a very flowing rhythm! I can't wait 'til I can canter my whole freestyle on him. I'm hoping he'll be ready for Ca. Gold at the Garrods Spring Fest. That would be nice... In the mean time, I'm getting Buddy back in vaulting shape. He takes a little more work than the other horses, actually, a lot. Buddy gets fat just looking at the hay barn!

A day of training with my horses usually includes hand walking or riding them up El Solyo (a very large hill just down the road) to warm up and strengthen their hind ends, then I ride Buddy and Handsome to warm them up, mom longes Bosco, and THEN, we vault on one horse after the other. My mom makes all of this happen. She does so much for me and the horses - longing, coaching, all kinds of things! I love her. My mom is a brilliant horse person - she has had horses for her whole life. Thank you mom for all you are doing for me, and what have already done!

Since we didn't have a team clinic this week, I was really able to focus on all of my training with Bosco, Handsome (my other vaulting horse), Buddy, and my individual vaulting. Riding Okie, too! I've been getting in some really good workouts and real time to isolate my freestyle and drill it to music. You must know about my vaulting, that my arm movements are never the same - I let the music influence them so that I can dance during my freestyle. I can't wait to compete/ perform my freestyle this year. It's going to be fun! I really would like to do some performances at big horse shows.......! It would be so so so much fun!

Well, that's it for this time. I've got a team clinic this weekend (Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun) so i'll be writing soon again!




No comments:

Post a Comment