Monday, February 8, 2010

Training Weekend 2/5/10

Training week of 2/5/10 - This weekend's training was good, hard work, exploding with artistry, emotion, and sweat. It was very productive, and fun. This weekend, we definitely pin pointed the performance aspect and the little things that we really need to focus on, like hand holds, foot placements, etc... Lot's of little exact things... On Saturday, we sat down for hours, and HOURS talking and focusing on the freestyle, move by move. Refining, editing, cutting, and redoing our "old freestyle" into the real thing that is going to make you shiver. The same process on Sunday, except the sky was blue and we took a lot of it to the horse. I'm feeling very successful after that horse practice, and I'm sure the whole team is as well. Thank you to the Palmer's for letting us use their wonderful gym on our rainy Saturday! It really helped us out!

I think that the audience will enjoy our freestyle, and possibly even find the beautiful story within. It's so interesting to make up a freestyle with this team. The funny things we do, say, and act out... It's so fun. The whole process of going through the year and editing, practicing and performing the freestyle is great. I love it, and I always will! I can't wait until Garrods... and everything else ahead this year!

I am feeling very good about my vaulting this year. Probably more than last year. I keep excelling - reaching my higher goals, like flexibility, stamina, and strength (I've just about gotten that perfectly perfect needle on my right as well as my left getting close!). The same is happening with the rest of the team. We are all becoming stronger, more flexible, and can run a lot farther that we could when we started! And, the best part is, we all seem to have a lot of fun when we workout and train for those long, long clinic days! This weekend was a good example.

Now, the most important part of this weekend our horse, Palatine. He was such a good boy. He carried us very well. Palatine definitely felt better than he did during our last training weekend. He's all recovered from his shots and has a, clean, fixed up, happy mouth! "Pally" has his little ups and downs every now and again, but doesn't every horse? He's such a cool horse because he is aware of his job, and he knows what he needs to do. When he has a tough time, you can tell that he is trying really hard to push through it. Pally has an amazing mind set. I love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment