Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Goal #1 - Accomplished.


8/11/10 - Ok, so it's been a really long time since I've written... Sorry readers. I've been so busy training (vaulting), riding, and playing in the Summer sun, that the days have just been flying by and I have missed so much writing time! So, I'll do a quick fill in before I get to the real deal!

In these few months (May - August), the team has been extremely successful. We won all of our selection trials after Garrods - Woodside Fest and FACE-Off. We also ventured to Koln, Germany, to train for the Aachen CHIO**, where we placed 5th. That was quite the experience! Then, just less than two weeks ago, our team became the 2010 USEF/ AVA National Champions, and I became the 3rd place Silver Womens Champion. Now - you know what that means......

...The F.A.C.E. Team is going to be representing the USA at the World Equestrian Games, September 25 - October 10, 2010!!! This month, and the month of September, we will be training very hard, with immense amounts of focus, concentration, and drive. We will do our country proud! In August we will be training every Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Saturday and Sunday, all day. Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, half days. The first week of September, the team, and Palatine, are off to Tennessee, where we will be training for the month of September for WEG. On October 3 or 4, we will head on down to Kentucky for final pre-WEG training at the horsepark, while being housed in athlete housing. It's going to be great! I'm very excited for the rest of this year. I can't wait to fly for the USA!

You all know that I've said this a million times, but I'm gonna say it again - This endeavour is going to be extraordinarily expensive. My housing in Tennessee/ Kentucky will be quite pricey per day, and for over 30 days. That will add up to well over $1,000! And that's just the housing, just a bed and a bathroom! I really could use your help. If you could donate just $5 or $10, it would be soooo helpful. Let's make this happen for Team USA! To donate, just click on the link to my website (on the upper right-hand corner of the blog), and click the make a donation link. It's very simple from there. Thank you sooo much for considering supporting me and the F.A.C.E. Team, and thank you a million times to the people who have been supporting me along the way.

GO USA! Go F.A.C.E.!!!

1 comment: