Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Training Weekend - 8/12, 13, 14, 15/ 10

8/17/10 - Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, few! What a few days. Very accomplishing weekend. Got lots of good work done, on the horse and barrel. Thursday, was compulsory and freestyle based - the typical weekday practice. Friday, same thing, but no horse. Saturday, C O M P U L S O R I E S, followed by a choreography clinic with Katie Puevrelle. Sunday - Compulsories and freestyle - Big time!

This month and the next, the team is really working on all of the fine details - Perfecting each and every motion, move, finger, toe, arm, leg, face, etc..., in the freestyle. We did so many runthroughs. We are really focusing on boosting our composition and performance scores. We did lots of good composition boosting work this weekend, now it's just gonna be building on that and adding in all of the work to benefit our performance score. We have to become sooo steady - there can't be a single bobble in our freestyle, nor compulsories! Devon, Mary, and I have added in a pretty cool move to our first part. I think it's going to be a pretty amazing surprise! It's a little scary for me, but I have 100% trust in my base, so we're gonna rock it. I have a pretty good feeling that this year, the WEG audience is going to get the performance of their life! Knock on wood!!!

Compulsories are coming along. We'll have to do lots of work to accomplish gold medal compulsories. It ain't easy! On Saturday, we did compulsory work upon compulsory work. Everyone hit a handstand on the horse that day, but the whole team needs to put so much effort into gaining the perfection consistency. It takes more than just repeating compulsory moves, too. We have to be physically strong in so many ways. Core, arms, legs, back, push, pull, sprint, jump, coordination, all that good stuff. On our clinic weekends especially, the whole team does all kinds of exercises to improve our comps. This weekend, on Saturday, the team went on a good, 2 mile run in Woodside. We all have to keep up on our cardio fitness as well as strength, and FLEXIBILITY, which I need to do some more work on...

Palatine is doing very well. He is getting stronger and stronger, more aerobically fit, and supple, and gaining more dressage skills, which makes for the perfect vaulting horse. We are all very proud of him. He is the horse to be representing Team USA! Pally's one of those horses who you just never doubt. He's so good for us, and he knows his job. I love him so much. When I run out to him, I look him in the eye, and just think, "We got this, Pal," and he just knows. I've got a pretty good bond with that amazing horse, and I feel so lucky, so fortunate to have it.

Can't wait to write again about next weekend's training, and USEF camp. Talk soon!

P.S. Thank you everyone for your support so far, it's been such a huge help! I hope that you will be able to continue to help me - you can click the link to my website, and then from there, click the "MAKE A DONATION!!!" link. I could use all the help I could get. Please, please help support me, and the F.A.C.E. Team in Tennessee and Kentucky this Fall! GO USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment